Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Painting in the rain






Today's painting was all the more enjoyable as I was able to share the experience with my friend Cal. We perched on the edge of the Similkameen River near Bromlee Rock. Water is now running at its seasonal highs and sitting beside this natural force while observing the subtle nuances of color in the overhanging rocks and trees was pretty special.
The rains filtered through the trees and we were blessed with the occasional wash of sunlight. I must return on a brighter day to capture the amazing value shifts in full sun.
My umbella is much appreciated; if you paint outdoors without one of these I recommend you order one asap. You wont regret it.
I managed to pull one oil out of this while Cal created a flock of pen and watercolor studies.
As a wise man once said "even a bad day of painting is a good day".

No comments:

Post a Comment