Friday, June 18, 2010

Outside it studio

Since it is raining today I spent some time in the studio finishing off some pieces and preparing panels for my next outing.
On a previous post I showed you a plein air painting that needed more work. I was interested in the rich yellow flowers that dominated the landscape with special emphasis on the sunlight that washed over the pastures in the middle ground.
As you can see when we move indoors we pick up smaller brushes and get a bit more anal. I consciously try to avoid this but am not always successful. I think this worked out okay; the photo doesn't do justice to the interplay between strong
yellows and soft violets in the hills but you get the idea.
Blogger wants to post these pics backwards and I haven't taken time to learn how to remedy that but hopefully its obvious which is the finished painting.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting. I'm assuming the first one is your finished product but maybe I'm wrong. The second looks more your style.
    Nea

    ReplyDelete