Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Company



People sometimes ask me if I become attached to my paintings to the degree that I resist letting them go. Generally that's not an issue. On the contrary I usually have forgotten the most recent work about fifteen minutes before its completion. My mind is surging ahead to the next challenge. I think that's pretty typical of most artists. Its the process of growing and seeing/learning new things that keeps us dreaming at night, certainly not revisiting past paintings.
I find that I can better appreciate my work after its aged awhile (preferably hanging on someone else s wall).
I will say I do enjoy sharing my studio with my little friends like these two shown. Its time to pull them down to make room for some current work and I'll miss their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment