Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Intention



Since the dumbing down of the web has reached my level of incompetence I think its time for me to take advantage of this tool. For those friends and collectors interested in following my art development sign on to my blog and I will attempt to regularly upload latest work and observations that seem relevant to my efforts.

I've been painting plein-air (on location) the past two days enjoying the sun and clouds, hanging out at the foot of Green mountain in a horse pasture. The fences are in disrepair so the fifteen horses I've been sharing my days with are essentially free-range. Been interesting painting with these beasts- they are basically reserved but curiousity gets the better of them and after a few hours they are surrounding me and obstructing my views of the landscape.

I'll include a couple of studies from these sessions. I will paint into the larger one in the studio and the time spent on location will greatly inform this peice. I'll post it when finished.

Thats all for my first entry-please sign on if you're interested and I'll try to make your visits interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment