Friday, May 6, 2011

Performance Anxiety

Here's my wife, Joanna busy at work preparing another great meal. I do most of the cooking these days so this represents one of our special "ie-more creative dinners".

I'm having a great time working with different people on my Portrait Project. If you are considering getting involved you'll be glad to know that the sittings are typically only two hours , not four like I anticipated. One side effect I'm experiencing is performance anxiety or more plainly, pre-portrait nausea. Even though I couldn't ask for more empathetic sitters I still experience feelings of insecurity. I expect this will pass after I've been through it for awhile. I sure hope so.

Anyway, each portrait is getting more interesting than the last so I think this will be a time of some real experimentation and growth. Please give me a call if you are interested, I'm looking to do plenty of these.

If you live in my area and you are looking for a fun art related activity next Saturday check out this years Penticton En Plein Air; 24 artists painting at several Naramata Bench Vineyards. I'll be at Marichel Vineyards from 11 to 4. You can pick up a guide at the Penticton Art Gallery on your way through. Maybe I'll see you.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment