Sunday, May 15, 2011

Painting at Marichel Winery



This past saturday 25 artists infiltrated the Naramata Bench vineyards to knock off some open air (en plein air) paintings in support of the Penticton Art Gallery. I had the pleasure of painting with four others at the beautiful Marichel Vineyards. Elizabeth and Richard were very gracious hosts and rewarded us at days end with a complimentary bottle of their wonderful 2008 Syrah. I've just had a little taste so far but highly recommend it. Beautiful!

The day was overcast but the scenery was lovely and it was a healthy break from my current portrait obsession. I appreciated the comradery as the family of artists gathered at the Art Gallery for some celebration of the days achievements and a surprise party in appreciation of several peoples' long service to the areas artistic community.
Ken Gillespie, Robyn Lake and her apprentice.



Robyn Lake
Loraine Stephanson

My contribution to the day. Me.

Next week I will return to my studio to explore facial surface anatomy; if you or anyone you know would like to be included in this adventure you can contact me through the comment link below. I'm booked for the next month or so but will put any willing person on my list.
If you'd enjoy seeing more process photos like the last post let me know and I'll upload more.
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment