Friday, April 29, 2011

Portrait Project 2011

I will be inviting people from my area to share in a project that begins now and will run for a limited time. As my blog follower you are getting the first opportunity to take part. If you volunteer your responsibilities are: agree to sit for four hours at my Summerland studio at agreed upon time. The logistics are 8:00 to12:00 with a few short breaks. You forfeit any rights to the original painting and the copyright will remain in my possession. At the end of my project each participant will receive a complimentary giclee reproduction of their portrait.
I'm interested in any age but as the sitting time is tough for children to deal with I'll limit age to ten and up.
This venture will provide me an opportunity to grow as a figurative painter and will give many people the chance to experience having their portrait painted as well as receiving a print of their portrait. I hope to create a body of work suitable to show at a future date.
The portrait of my mother posted above gives an idea of what I plan to achieve with each painting. If you are in the area or plan to be and want to schedule a sitting e-mail me or phone me at 250-494-7892.

No comments:

Post a Comment