Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Sister's Song


Well, as promised, here is the result of my three day burn to create this piece for a submission to an upcoming show. My two little friends, Sara and Amy were chatting and eating raspberries. I tried to catch a moment as Sara sang a little song while Amy looked on with an older sister's affectionate amusement.
This is a fairly large painting, 36X30", and is a good example how a piece can lead you along taking you somewhere unexpected. I approached this several ways and seemed to founder, scraping down and starting again. At one point the direction of the painting started to lean towards blue with the sky reflecting off the shaded skin tones. Through it all I wanted to stay high key to represent the joy and hope of the moment. Did I succeed? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment